3151 Ortega Street, San Francisco, CA 94122
|Days/Times:||M-F, 3:30 – 6:30 pm|
|Grades:||6 – 8|
|Director of Programs:||Kyle Giocomo|
|Program Coordinator:||Nathaniel Carter|
Our afterschool program at A.P. Giannini Middle School, which focuses on academic support and enrichment through hands-on, experiential learning, has been recognized as a model for other afterschool programs throughout the nation.
The program offers study centers, where students can get homework assistance, and project-based clubs, where students can pursue their interests while also meeting school day academic standards. Project-based learning clubs include the DJ Club (a part of SNBC’s Urban Music Program), MOUSE Squad, Flash Animation, sports, and others.
Read the interview with Afterschool Program Instructor Jeff Wong on SNBC’s blog!
2014-2015 Summer Program and Fall Afterschool Program Application Info
Please visit our Summer for Youth page for the application.
Fall Afterschool Program
Please download the application HERE.
Wednesday, April 9 – Applications available
Friday, April 18 – All completed applications must be returned
- 5th graders return applications via the Wednesday Envelope, SNBC Afterschool Program Coordinator, or school secretary
- 6th and 7th graders return applications Nathaniel Carter, Program Coordinator at APG, or school secretary
Wednesday, April 23 – Enrollment Packets and Wait-list Notifications go out
- Enrollment Packets sent via US Postal Service or email, or Wednesday Envelopes for current 5th graders
Friday, May 2 – Completed Enrollment Packets must be returned
- 5th graders return packets via the Wednesday Envelope, Afterschool Coordinator, or school secretary
- 6th and 7th graders return packets to the Afterschool Coordinator, or school secretary.
Monday, June 9 – First day of Program
- Enrolled students arrive at AP Giannini Middle School and meet at the top of the ramp (the middle set of doors)
- Students that do NOT attend on the first day will be unenrolled from the program
- Wait-listed families are contacted and enrolled as space permits
For information on SNBC’s summer program for middle school-age youth